This is considered to be a very important aspect of school life and an indicator of a desire to set high standards. It is expected that children will come to school appropriately dressed. Uniform is compulsory and we are confident that parents/carers want their children to feel part of our community. Wearing school specific clothing helps this process.
Our policy for dress is designed to be:
- appropriate for school activities
- supportable by all concerned – parents, carers, pupils, staff and the academy advisory committee
- encouraging of community spirit and identity
- easily obtainable, maintainable and inexpensive
For a full copy of the Academy’s Uniform Policy click here.
There is a common list for boys and girls, appropriate for both summer and winter wear.
- White buttoned through shirt
- Black trousers or skirt
- Navy blue jumpers with school logo
- School tie
- Black sensible shoes (please note many designs of ‘fashion’ shoes are not suitable for school). Boots are not permitted.
- White socks or black tights for girls
- Black socks for boys
- Hair – no extremes of hairstyle please. The school will respect genuine cultural and religious needs.
- For PE and Games your child will need a plain coloured T-shirt (House colours – red, green, yellow, blue), black shorts and a pair of plimsolls or black trainers. A black track suit is useful on cold winter days.
Please note our emphasis during PE on the need for a change of footwear from everyday use in the school, to trainers on the playground or field. This is important for hygiene and also helps to keep the school building clean. Gymnastics and dance are undertaken in bare feet as recommended. Trainers are advocated for football to protect the children’s feet.
Reception and Year 1 Children:
- A spare pair of pants and socks in a named bag in case of accidents
We highly recommend that your child’s name is clearly marked on all his/her clothes as this helps considerably when articles of clothing are misplaced or left behind in school.
Uniform may be purchased from our online shop using the following link:
Uniform orders will be available to be collected from the school office.